Norwegian premier to speak about attacks
Jul 23, 2011, 5:30 GMT
Oslo - Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg was expected to give a press conference early Saturday about developments in the twin bomb and gun attacks.
The bombing of government buildings in Oslo on Friday, and a subsequent shooting spree at a political youth camp, have so far claimed 87 lives, police said.
A 32-year-old Norwegian man was suspected of both attacks but has not given a motive, police said.
The man was according to some witnesses wearing a police uniform and deliberately targeted victims at the camp on Utoya island.
Military personnel were deployed Saturday to maintain cordons near the scene of the blast and to prevent bystanders from being injured by falling debris and glass shards.
Police have searched the suspect's apartment in Oslo and a farm building he owned.
Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, King Harald and other leaders early Saturday urged Norwegians to pull together as the scope of the attacks continued to unfold.