South Asia News
NATO rockets kill three Afghan women, official says
Nov 29, 2011, 19:27 GMT
Kandahar, Afghanistan - Helicopters of the NATO-led international forces killed three women and injured two men in southern Afghanistan, local authorities said Tuesday.
The International Security Assistance Force fired rockets into civilian houses in Zhari district of volatile Kandahar province on Monday, said Zalmai Ayoubi, the provincial governor's spokesman.
Witnesses said that the helicopters fired four rockets.
A spokesman for the international military did not confirm the attack, but Ayoubi said the alliance had acknowledged the incident.
Last week, an NATO airstrike in same district killed nine civilians, most of them children.
Read more about NATO