Prince William and Kate Middleton to marry next year (1st Lead)
Nov 16, 2010, 11:22 GMT
Combo picture shows Prince William and Kate Middleton. It was announced on 16 November 2010 that Prince William is to marry his long-term girlfriend Kate Middleton next year. EPA/GEOFF CADDICK
London - Britain's Prince William is to marry his long-term girlfriend Kate Middleton next year, a royal statement said Tuesday.
The couple, who have known each other for more than eight years, are both in their late 20s.
The wedding is expected to take place in London in the spring or summer of 2011.
They became engaged during a holiday in Kenya in October, a statement said.
Read more about Great Britain Royalty
Read more about People
FROM THE WEB
Further Reading on M&CKate Middleton Biography -
Kate Middleton Links - M&C is not responsible for the content in external sitesPrince William of Wales Biography -
COMMENT on Prince William and Kate Middleton to marry next year (1st Lead)comments powered by Disqus
Latest Headlines in UK
- 1. The Shard Building Opening Light and Laser Show Pictures
- 2. Cambridge beat Oxford in 158th Boat Race after midway halt
- 3. Gas flare at Total's North Sea platform self-extinguishes
- 4. A myth turns 100: Titanic still fascinates world
- 5. Source of North Sea platform gas leak located, says Total